Range Operation pre-PEP

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Wed May 9 13:27:49 EDT 2001

"Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote in message
>   for i in 0 -> len(seq):
>
> I still favor overloading range though...

I favor leaving Python as-is, since this entire thread is about solving a
non-problem.  If you want a shorter way of writing 'range(len(x))', you can
always write your own function.  If there is really a need of such a
function in '__builtin__', I would prefer that it have a new name.  How
about 'indexes'?

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com