GNU/Linux vs. Windows as Python platform

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu May 17 20:58:10 EDT 2001

Don Dwiggins <dwig at advancedmp.net> wrote:
[snip]
> So, to anyone out there who's pushing to make Linux a competitor on the
> desktop (or who knows someone who is), a plea: object models (and/or command
> line interfaces) that can do everything, OK?

Gnome: Gnu Network _Object Model_ Environment

They use Corba with a layer on top of it called Bonobo to expose things.
They're not there yet; many Gnome apps don't seem to do bonobo yet,
but they're surely aware of it and they'll get there.

KDE has kparts, which I know less about, but is out to accomplish the
same type of thing.

Regards,

Martijn