Mac Os X and Python

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Tue May 29 08:23:36 EDT 2001

John W. Baxter wrote:

> In article <3B11B990.421B7F32 at earthlink.net>, Ron Stephens
> <rdsteph at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried out Python on Mac OS X yet? I am thinking of getting a
>> Mac to run OS X and woudl appreciate any feedback.
>>
>> Are their any web sites that contain info on Python and Mac OS X? If not
>> maybe we should create one.
>
> Python 2.1 compiles "out of the box" for Mac OS X.  No special handing
> needed (at least not here), except that before make test it is
> necessary to increase the stack size limit (limit stack 4096).

Apart from some possible quirks with the file system, that
was the expected answer. Does anyone have information about
the capability (or not) to run Tkinter in native mode?
Of course, that boils down to Tk itself supporting native
mode, but I couldn't find any hint in either direction on
the scriptics pages.

Thanks for any insight...

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com