qt and python

Bob File rfile at innet.com
Sat May 5 08:30:32 EDT 2001

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> What I'd do is carefully remove all traces of PyQt and sip from your
> system. Start with SuSE's rpm's, then do a thorough search for bits
> you might have added yourself. Then decide whether you want to build

Yes, thank you.
After a couple of attempts at removing and installing PyQt and sip I
found qt.py in another directory (/usr/lib/python2.0) and once that was
removed PyQt worked once again. I ended up compiling PyQt 2.4 and using
the dates on those files for comparisons, so I guess I have learned
several things along the way. ;-}

Thanks again for tossing me a clue.