how to get the environment variable??

ed_tsang at yahoo.com ed_tsang at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 18:53:18 EDT 2001

hi i am trying to set a global variable called tharn from the
environemtn variable in my .cshrc file ...
I used the folowing code:
try:
    tharn = os.environ['THARN']
except KeyError:
    try:
       tharn = os.environ['CTF']
    except KeyError:
       print "\nEnvironment variable THARN must be set"
       print "before starting the Test Harness."
       sys.exit(1)
The problem I am facing is tharn can be set by either environment
varible CTF or THARN. Only one of CTF and THARN should  exist, or
they can be both missing then user get a wanring message...

I amnot sure if my code is archieveing that....
or any potential pittfall in this ... wondering if I may intoduce
error in having another try .. except block in KeyError...

thanks