Implementing SSL server?

ilya at glas.net ilya at glas.net
Thu May 17 08:35:11 EDT 2001

> Maybe Oleg was referring to ZServerSSL distributed with M2Crypto.

That's right. I'm fighting to set M2Crypto up and running...

BTW, I've read a discussion at SourceForge related to SSL support in
socketmodule and found it a bit confusing -- back in Septemer 2000,
Python Developers discussed the possibility of dropping SSL support from
socketmodule in Python 2.1 (in favor of M2Crypto) while it's still there.
So, is it safe to rely on socket.ssl() nowdays or it is depricated and
subject to be dropped?

Also, there is a patch to socketmodule.c provided by Andrew Csillag which
adds server side SSL support to socketmodule:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=401647&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Thanks,
ilya