I really like Python but ....

Matt Butler foo at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 27 18:58:35 EDT 2001

"Bill Walker" <bwalker at earth1.net> wrote in message news:<th23t4g7qnet49 at corp.supernews.com>...
> ... HOWEVER, I
> can't get too excited about it until a true compiler for Python comes along.
> I'll accept even a decent byte-code compiler that locks up all the modules,
> dlls, etc, into one exe. No, py2exe doesn't work well; especially with
> tkinter -- leaves out modules.

Somebody has already done what you are asking for.  I saw another link
to it in this thread that looked outdated, if that one doesn't work
try this one:

http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/installer_dnld.html

I got it working with Tkinter no problem and as I recall I tried it
with wxPython and that worked as well.

It has several modes and one of them will do exactly what you are
asking for, that is put the Python interpreter, all dlls (Tk
whatever...), modules, everything in one super-exe, which as several
people have noted in this thread is over and above how executables
work on most platforms.