win32com question

Eduard Hiti eduard.hiti at t-online.de
Fri May 25 06:50:04 EDT 2001

Have you run makepy for the ADO library?
This will generate wrappers for the ADO type library that I think are needed
for symbolic constant support in the constants module.
You can run makepy from the PythonWin environment by selecting 'COM makepy
utility' in the 'Tools' menu. Then choose 'Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects
Library 2.x' and let makepy do its work. Afterwards the constants module
should work.

Greetings,

    Eduard Hiti

"Uwe Schmitt" <schmitt at num.uni-sb.de> wrote in message
news:9el8gl$6d2l5$1 at hades.rz.uni-sb.de...
| hi, i wanted to use win32com.client to accessa a database via ado.
| accordint to the reference of win32com.client i tried
|
| conn.Execute("select * from table;",
win32com.client.constants.adOpenDynamic)