Problems compiling/installing 2.1 on Linux

Neil Schemenauer nas at python.ca
Tue May 8 17:49:28 EDT 2001

Johann Spies wrote:
> Is there another way to get Python 2.1 working on my system?

Did you unset PYTHONHOME before doing anything?  Also, are you
using Debian?  If so, what version?  I can make some Debian
packages available for Python 2.1.  The reason that I didn't
already is that its hard to know how to split up the extension
modules.  If you include them all in one package then it will
have a dependencies on a large number of libraries.

  Neil