ease (was Re: Messaging in Py?)

Greg Ewing see at my.signature
Thu May 24 22:20:10 EDT 2001

Kendall Clark wrote:

> I certainly reuse other people's modules far more than I subclass other
> people's classes.
>
> Is that just me or do others code similarly?

I think it depends on the kind of module. Some modules,
such as GUI libraries, provide classes which are designed
to be subclassed. But most just provide functions, or
classes which are meant to be used as-is.

So, yes, I think it's fair to say that subclassing of
classes which weren't designed for that purpose is
relatively rare, and such classes are themselves
relatively rare.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg