NNTP Post a file

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu May 3 12:27:13 EDT 2001

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> Daniel <Daniel.Kinnaer at Advalvas.be> writes:
> > Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:58:06 +0200
> > NNTPTemporaryError: 441 435 Bad Message-ID
>
> The problem seems fairly obvious.  Have you tried actually generating
> a message ID and including it in the file?  (I don't know if NNTP
> servers will actually generate a Message-ID for you; I rather doubt
> it, but you could try leaving out the Message-ID header and see if
> that works any better.)

Yes, they will.  Date, too.  The References line shouldn't be broken
like that either.

But (to the original poster) please don't post the test message to
comp.lang.python.  Post it to one of the *.test newsgroups; that's what
they're there for.

/  \ An ounce of hypocrisy is worth a pound of ambition.
\__/ Michael Korda
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.