Tabs and spaces (style)

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue May 1 19:22:18 EDT 2001

On Tue, 01 May 2001 14:52:40 GMT, "Cantanker" <az at cantanker.net.nospam> wrote:

>What is the consensus about mixing tabs and spaces in a Python script?

Because of the never-ending "what tab indentation level to use" wars, on my
projects I forbid tabs in Python files outright. I leave it up to the individual
coders as to how to configure their editors to insert spaces instead of tab
characters when the tab key is pressed. This is pretty easy in both emacs
and vim, however.

Now if I can only figure out how to configure CVS to refuse Python files with
tabs in them. :-)

C//