HTTP 1.1 client in Python.

Doug Fort dougfort at downright.com
Tue May 29 15:56:08 EDT 2001

Syver Enstad wrote:

> I have some trouble making the HTTPConnection class in httplib (that says
> it supports 1.1) to handle 100 continue messages from the http server. I
> had to resort to a truly ghastly hack to get the content from the server,
> because 100 code is just a message that tells the client it can now send
> the message body. The HTTPConnection doesn't seem to understand this, or
> maybe I use it wrongly. If there were anybody on this list that knew how
> to make a HTTP 1.1 client with Python some pointers would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Syver Enstad

Here's how I did it.

    while 1:
        response = self._client.getresponse()
        if response.status != 100:
            break
        # 2000-12-30 djf -- drop bogus 100 response
        # by kludging httplib
        self._client._HTTPConnection__state = httplib._CS_REQ_SENT
        self._client._HTTPConnection__response = None

I submitted this as bug #227361 on SourceForge.

--
Doug Fort <dougfort at downright.com>
Senior Meat Manager