Active State and the PSF

Nick Perkins nperkins7 at home.com
Sun May 27 00:54:31 EDT 2001

I have just been reading about the formation of the Python Software
Foundation on March 6 of this year..
http://python.org/psf/

I was just curious about what is the relationship between Active State, a
for-profit company selling Python, Perl, Tcl, etc.. and the non-profit PSF.
Is there is historical relationship between the two?

What does this mean for the future of Python?  I suppose that if it means
that there will be more money available to the developers of Python to
continue improving the language and libraries, that would be a good thing
for everyone.

Is there any reason to be a little worried, or is it all good?
Will Python stay free?