How Do I Get the Buffer Data??

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue May 1 16:09:45 EDT 2001

"Ben Ocean" <zope at thewebsons.com> wrote ...
> Hi;
> I'm writing a CGI script. One last thing to figure out. The data is being
> sent to me by a foreign host (around which I frame). They send the data to
> a URL I specify (in my cgi-bin directory) and send the data to a *data
> buffer*. I need to call it from that data buffer. How do I do this?

Do you mean that the data is sent in a separate transmission to a different
server, or are they sending you data by using method POST on your CGi
script? If the latter then you can use the cgi module. If the former, I
think a few more details might be in order.

Obviously there's nothing to stop your CGI program from opening other
network sockets to get the data from some other location, but I don't think
I really understand the nagic which is being used to transmit the data.

regards
 Steve