wxPython or TKinter?

Hanna Joo hanna at chagford.com
Thu May 17 17:21:32 EDT 2001

Hi

I have played with wxPython and Boa contructor. I stayed away from TKinter
because I was told that since it has run two interpreters, it is rather
slow. All GUI work is done on a Windows machine.

wxPython is wonderful and all that, but execution is very slow. I tried
py2exe, but 1. output file is huge 2. it is also slow. I think Tkinter is
more mainstream. Are there distinct advantages? Is there a way to speed up
wxPython?

I would appreciate input from all those who have experience in Tkinter and
wxPython.