Obsolesence of <>

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed May 30 22:43:55 EDT 2001

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:49:58PM -0700, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
| Is this feature, which I think is kinda cool, going to be phased out or
| continually supported?

The Pascal-ish inequality operator ('<>') has effectively been
deprecated in favor of the Algol-ish (C-ish) inequality operator
('!=').

I don't believe it will be removed from the compiler any time soon,
but nobody uses it anyways.

| Also, the chaining of the comparison operators is really cool. It is very
| inviting for us folks who have advanced math educations.

You mean

if not ( 1 < input() < 10 ) :
    print "You didn't enter a number between 1 and 10, try again"

?

Yes, it is very cool!

-D