Problems with gencache on Windows NT

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 12:24:11 EDT 2001

"Geoff Talvola" <gtalvola at nameconnector.com> wrote in message
    [snip]
> Lately, I've just been using EnsureDispatch to instantiate my COM
> objects.  This seems to work just fine, and eliminates the need for a
> So far I haven't had any problems, but I haven't seen anyone else
> recommending the use of EnsureDispatch, so I'll ask the question: Is there
> any reason _not_ to just use EnsureDispatch?

I'd be interested, because I don't know of any such reasons -- I've
gradually switched just about all my COM clients to
    from win32com.client.gencache import EnsureDispatch as Dispatch
over from
    from win32com.client import Dispatch
so if there ARE counterindications I didn't notice I'd really
like being informed about them!-)

Alex