Anyone got Zope talking to Sybase on FreeBSD

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri May 4 06:47:48 EDT 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:35:49PM +0000, Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:

> Although I am aware that this question might be a little off-topic
> here I have not found a better place to ask...
> I am trying to make my Zope on FreeBSD talking to a Sybase (11.0.3.3)
> database server.. I found some instructions on the Zope site that are
> two years old and do not seem to work. When I try to build the Sybase
> DA (SybaseDA-2_0b2 I could not find anything more recent), the build
> process chuckled somewhere on:

> cat: /usr/local/lib/python2.0/config/Setup.thread: No such file or
> directory

> and indeed this file does not exist.

Can't say I got it working, but you can fix the above error by making
Setup.thread a symlink to Setup.config, in the same directory (you should
have that one.) Setup.thread was renamed to Setup.config in Python 2.0, to
reflect the fact that it contained all configure-selected modules ('bsddb'
and the 'gc' garbage-collector module) and no longer just the thread module.

You *might* run into more errors when building/linking the package against
Python 2.0, but probably not. If you do, you know where to find me. ;-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>