GNU/Linux vs. Windows as Python platform

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Fri May 18 10:56:45 EDT 2001

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 01:24:14PM +0200, Eugene Leitl wrote:
| On Fri, 18 May 2001, Toby Dickenson wrote:
|
| If you go down the lowest common denominator slippery slope far enough
| you'll eventually wind up with something duplicating the functionality of
| a pet rock.

I have such a pet rock here.  It's name is Java.  <wink>

I find that many tasks (say, file io for example) are _MUCH_ easier
with Python than Java.  Also python is usable for creating simple
scripts that just need to work with the os a little.  Impossible with
Java unless you want to rewrite the OS (or the [shell] tools you might
want to use) in Java first.

-D

DISCLAIMER -- This is just my feeling on the matter and it isn't
              really up for discussion.  Don't bother trying to
              convince me of the merits of Java because I already know
              them. :-)