.pyc crashes, .py doesn't

Chris Brand nospam at newsranger.com
Tue May 8 18:34:22 EDT 2001

In article <m3vgnbse2d.fsf at atrus.jesus.cam.ac.uk>, Michael Hudson says...
>Wierd!  Can you get a backtrace?  Can you at least tell if it crashes
>on import or later, when the app is running?

The import goes OK, it crashes when the app is running. The login page gets
assembled reliably and it will hit the database successfully (if I enter the an
invalid login it reacts appropriately).  It is when I enter a valid login and
the app goes to produce the user's first page thet things go bad.

If the .pyc is deleted when the login page is up, the next page is rendered and
populated from the database.  If not, Python GPFs.

I'll keep poking, but don't stop with the suggestions.

Thanks