Design-by-Committee

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed May 2 15:26:55 EDT 2001

root at 127.0.0.1 (David) writes:
> Is the primary focus these days on adding new language
> features/commands/components, or on cleaning up the existing codebase?

It seems to mostly be on new language features (iterations,
generators, unifying types and classes).  I think this effort is
mostly misplaced; raw language features are rarely a reason to choose
one language over another, the availability of libraries being a more
critical issue.  Sadly the development team seems to have forgotten
this.

--amk