Problem with MySQL-python-0.3.5 build...

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Thu May 24 17:48:00 EDT 2001

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 02:23:35PM -0700, kasper37 at caffeinedreams.com wrote:
> I first had a problem that I couldn't import anything because my
> PYTHONPATH was wrong.  I fixed that, but when I try a python setup.py
> build I get this response now:

>   File "/usr/local/lib/python/os.py", line 37
>     return [n for n in dir(module) if n[0] != '_']

> I don't know where to start trying to debug this problem so any help
> would be appreciated...

You probably mis-set your PYTHONPATH variable. You are using a Python older
than 2.0 with the library tree for Python 2.0. (The statement Python is
complaining about is a ``list comprehension'', which was added in Python
2.0) My first guess would be to try running /usr/local/bin/python, but
looking at the above pathname, your python is pretty screwed up. If it still
doesn't work, try re-installing Python (and grabbing Python 2.1 while you're
at it ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>