Python 2.0 Quick Reference

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.nospamnet
Fri May 25 03:54:16 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.990092605.15703.python-list at python.org>,
SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk says...
> > From:	Neil Benn [SMTP:neil.benn at cambridgeantibody.com]
> > No keep it as supercede - that a British spelling!!
>
> Both the definitive COED and the heretical Webster's show supersede as the
> main spelling, and supercede as the variant spelling.
>
> I could correct the spelling of colour, of course. But I suspect that would
> upset browsers even more than it would upset the colonials!
>
> Cheers,
> Simon Brunning
> TriSystems Ltd.
> sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk

The American Heritage Dictionary likes supersede too, although supercede
makes more sense if it's related to succede in any way. Of course
sense never stopped the English language.

As for colour, tyres etc. please keep them - they're colo(u)rful! Please
don't start spelling "world" like you say it though! To my ears, you guys
barely can bear to say 'r' in some places, so it sounds like "BBC Wuld
Suvice" to me :-)

We now return you to your regularly seduled(sic) python :-)

Regards,

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA
A french canadian/scots/english texan with no discernable accent and only
a mild case of Anglophylia.