list comprehensions *are* nice

Pete Shinners shredwheat at mediaone.net
Mon May 14 12:14:03 EDT 2001

"Andrew Dalke" <dalke at acm.org> wrote
> I've been messing around with list comprehensions on non-client
> code and found them quite addictive.  On client code I just
> needed to write some regression code which looked like

yeah, as someone with only previous C experience, list
comprehensions seemed a bit strange when i first encountered
them. although after trying them briefly i was instantly
hooked. they are nice, and have been keeping my code a lot
cleaner.

my only complaint with them is when i use them they don't
work with python-1.5.2, but that problem seems to go away
with each passing day. :]