Python time class

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.fep.ru
Mon May 21 04:12:18 EDT 2001

Hello!

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Werner Geuens wrote:
> You may have noticed that at least one function - strptime() - doesn't work
> on at least one platform.
> Yes, THAT platform.
> I don't like it any more than anyone here, I'm sure. But as many amongst
> you, I also HAVE to use it to get paid.

   You are wrong in this aspect, and this explains, why you are wrong in
the other aspect, too.
   Well, I also HAVE to be paid. But I found many years ago that I just
couldn't bear THAT platform. So I switched to ANOTHER platform... and soon
I found I can gain MORE money, because that ANOTHER platform is much more
convenient, usable, logical, stable, better protected, etc.
   And in late years I found that the creator of THAT platform employs a
lot of Bad Business Practices, so now I consider them as EVIL! It MUST be
stopped.

   Well, let us return to our muttons. You DO need strptime()
implementation? It is not our responsibility to bring it to you. Hey, in
the world of free software it is YOUR responsibility to bring it to us!
Python development process is open enough for this (unlike THAT platform
you've mentioned). Create a PEP, post your code for review, etc.

   Good luck! Eagerly waiting for your code (though I consider THAT
platform and its creator as EVIL, I think CODE is better than wars.)

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru