Messaging in Py?

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Sun May 20 14:15:21 EDT 2001

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 10:16:05PM -0700, Kendall Clark wrote:

| Anyone implement any "messaging" services in Python yet?
|
| I've been reading about JMS, which I don't want to use, it being
| Java, after all. But point-to-point and publish/subscribe messaging
| in Python is very intriguing.

I've started to hear about JMS at my (Java) job.  You could, of
course, use JMS from Python code running in the Jython interpreter.
That's one of the cool things about Jython -- every neat
library/system Java has Python automatically has it for no extra
charge!  (Now we just need to bring CPython and its extension
libraries together with Jython's seamless use of Java libraries.
Perhaps xml-rpc or some such thing can do that already.)

There is xml-rpc, but it is RPC not "messaging" in the JMS sense.

-D