A new support for Python

Romain Guy romain.guy at jext.org
Wed May 23 03:56:32 EDT 2001

    Hello everyone !

    I'm very new to Python but I already love this language ! As I'm the
author of Jext, a Java programming editor (open source), and as Jext can
colorize Python scripts for a long time, I'm proud to announce you that
development release 2.12pre2 can execute Python scripts (using Jython).

    At this time, any python script can interact with the interface with the
help of the __jext__ variable. My plans are to replace some Java parts of
Jext by Python scripts. Next moves will allow Python written plugin and
auto-execution of Pyton scripts at startup.
    Jext can also auto-indent Python scripts on typing. I guess I will add
an "re indenter" tool. I'm also planning to include a class browser for
python files in Jext.

    www.jext.org

    Thanks :-)

Romain "Java Swinguer !" Guy
romain.guy at jext.org
www.jext.org

"Now, don't you worry. The saucers are up there. The graveyard is out there.
But I'll be locked up safely in there."
- Paula Trent, Plan 9 From Outer Space