Windows editor?

costas at meezon.com costas at meezon.com
Mon May 7 16:21:43 EDT 2001

On Fri, 4 May 2001 10:59:44 -0700, "Ken Seehof" <kens at sightreader.com>
wrote:

<snip>

>There's another alternative: Komodo by ActiveState.  It looks promising
>although I haven't gotten it to work yet.  Komodo is the reason PythonWin
>is not likely to continue it's evolution.
>
>Don't confuse Komodo with the Python.Net stuff that ActiveState is also
>doing.  Komodo is a separate product.

Unfortunately Komodo is a monstrosity. It took almost an hour to
install. And it has a very unintuitive and poor interface. It is also
very very slow.

Whoever designed it must have never seen an IDE before. It is sad. All
they had to do was use a standard interface. I uninstalled it
immediately and for now will use PythonWin.