110 baud modems

Laura Creighton lac at cd.chalmers.se
Wed May 30 12:49:38 EDT 2001

I am not quite sure if what we had was technically a modem or not.  We made
them ourselves and got something like 120 baud out of them actually.  We
thought they were quite the item.  But I can't remember what design we
used -- the one that was the modem or the one that at least one physics
professor said was technically not a modem (but install one in my office
too _PLEASE_)  In those days I was just discovering which end of the
soldering iron is the hot one, so I can't remember any better than this.
When I next see Rob Pike, going to Lucent in a few weeks, I will ask him
what we did if you really care.

Laura Creighton