Python in Windows Tray?

Costas Malamas malamac at otenet.gr
Wed May 9 08:59:31 EDT 2001

Does anyone know of a python interpreter than can sit in the Windows tray?

I would like (no, I would *love*) to be able to launch some python scripts
from the windows tray without getting the annoying console windows.  Unless
I am greatly mistaken, to do that Iwould need a python interpreter that sits
in the tray and "knows" about certain scripts that become its menu items.

One thought I had was to write a windows service that calls wxpython to
create the tray icon, etc., but I am nowhere near that good with win32com
and wxpython (yet :-)...

Any ideas, or anything like that out there? even a half-baked script that I
could build from?

Thanks in advance,

Costas