pydoc req thread; readline req NO thread

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 10:46:33 EDT 2001

Is there a workaround for this problem?  I hope I don't have to make a
choice between Python command-line editing and Python browsable
documentation.

Currently, I have to explicitly compile Python without thread support so
Python won't lock up when Ctrl-C is pressed in a Python shell (IIRC
readline isn't thread-safe).

However, with that configuration, I can't run 'pydoc -g'?

Is there a work-around for this?  Say, a command-line option to disable
threads, magic for $PYTHONSTARTUP that disables threads, etc.?

Thanks,

Randall

--
Randall Hopper