[ANN] xio, the cross platform serial IO python module

Pablo Bleyer Kocik pbleyer at embedded.cl
Tue May 29 18:53:36 EDT 2001

grante at visi.com (Grant Edwards) wrote in message news:<j5RQ6.4318$Dd5.1867498 at ruti.visi.com>...
> In article <d26ba1a8.0105290917.6cb5f0d6 at posting.google.com>, Pablo Bleyer Kocik wrote:
>
> >Currently, the module implements port creation, opening,
> >closing, configuration, reading, writing & status peeking. It
> >has been tested under Linux-x86 and Win-9X. It contains a naïve
> >implementation of flow control (and pretty untested -- so
> >beware!).
>
> An actual implimentation of flow control or an implimentation
> of a wrapper around the flow control provided by the
> OS-resident serial drivers?

  The current implementation is a wrapper to the native serial API,
how I think it should be (mostly). I have code to emulate protocol
signals with termios, but the code is messy -termios _is_ messy- and
not completely portable -I suspect. This is one of the things I am
working out, trying to device some *generic*, non-intrusive method to
handle serial control signals. There's a lot of serial equipment we
interface to, so I hope I can continue testing the module in many
platforms.

  Cheers!