Which book can be translated?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Mon May 28 12:19:31 EDT 2001

news:ce82f84e.0105241826.29bb6491 at posting.google.com...
news:<9eju9k$6dj$1 at verence.demon.co.uk>...
> > In article <ce82f84e.0105221624.3583c2c9 at posting.google.com>,
> > limodou <chatme at 263.net> wrote:
> > >I'm learning Python now, and I want to introduce it to my friends. But
> > >many friends of mine know English little, so I wish to translate
> > >Python books. But I don't know which book can be translated without
> > >the trouble of copyright.
> > >
> > >Can anybody give me a books list? Thanks.
> >
> > <http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/> has a beginners course in Python,
> > written largely by Gareth McCaughan.
> >
> > You can translate the LiveWires stuff as long as you retain the
> > licensing information on it. I believe someone's already translating it
> > into Italian, though I'm not sure how far they've got.
>
> Thanks a lot.

I didn't quite catch your first post, so I'm not sure which language
you want to translate into... If it is Italian (as mentioned above),
Instant Python [1] and Instant Hacking [2] are already translated
(both to Italian and some other languages). Feel free to translate
them to any other language, as long
as you don't change them, you notify me, and mention me as the
author of the originals.

[1] http://www.hetland.org/python/instant-python.php
[2] http://www.hetland.org/python/instant-hacking.php

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick