Input-Output to web pages, Jython? Zope? Tkinter? JavaScript? Advice???

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 13 21:52:43 EDT 2001

In article <3AFDB80B.430612A2 at earthlink.net>, "Ron Stephens"
<rdsteph at earthlink.net> wrote:

> 3. Is there a simpler Python web server program that will allow me to do
> what I discuss in (2) above in a simpler, easier way? I do not need much
> functionality at all from such a web server, and expect very low volume.

Check out Twisted Python at http://twistedmatrix.com and look at the part
on twisted.web. I view twisted.web as in Zope's domain, but somewhat of an
anti-zope. (ie, simple and functional). It's really a kick to write web
resources and work with Twisted Python in general. It's a very neat
research project, but with practical goals.

Anyway, I think twisted.web is the perfect solution to what you talk
about in #2 above. Try it out. But don't get mad when you get sucked into
a whole other Twisted Universe.

Chris Armstrong                        carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net