Python OCR form scanner success!

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Thu May 31 10:17:07 EDT 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001 23:04:45 -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
>[...]
>    Following up on a recent post, I am commiting to develop
>mainly in Python and Ada where possible from now on, and
>reverting to C or C++ only where necessary.
>[...]

For connecting Python and Ada code, I have started the pyAda project
(http://pyada.sf.net). Have you already used it? Do you have any comments?

Unfortunately, I wont' have much time in the next months to invest in pyAda.
But if you have something specific that you'd like to see there, just drop me a
note and I'll do this first. Else, the next goals are 1) more and better docs
and 2) going to Python 2.1.

Gerhard

PS: I am not too much convinced any more wether this project makes much sense
(Python's extension capabilities are a little too much tied to C for my tastes,
especially they need C's variable number of arguments madness and they are tied
to ugly, distasteful C #defines).
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage