PHP feelings?

Christopher A. Craig com-nospam at ccraig.org
Thu May 17 13:53:21 EDT 2001

Imbaud Pierre <pierre at saiph.com> writes:

> Do I have a (python driven, for instance) alternative to PHP?

I would suggest Python.  Take a look at the Web topic guide
http://www.python.org/topics/web/

I started writing a PHP replacement for Python, but I've pretty much
abandoned as of late because I did a fairly large project in PHP and
found that for any reasonably large project the model of embedding
programming in your content rather than the other way around was not
all that useful.

Zope is far more than a mere content management tool.  I used Zope a
bit and found that I really like just writing pages in straight Python
more, but it can certainly do what you want.

There are also several little projects like PyHP, or PMZ that try to
imitate PHP with Python.  They are all incomplete and each have their
own (usually major) drawbacks.

--
Christopher A. Craig <com-nospam at ccraig.org>
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore,