ease (was Re: Messaging in Py?)

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 04:37:03 EDT 2001

"Kendall Clark" <kendall at monkeyfist.com> wrote in message
news:aa03c0d9.0105201805.2bd5a19c at posting.google.com...
> Seriously, while I agree that it's easy to write networking code
> in Python, nothing's easier than finding out someone's already done
> or started the project you need, and you can help out or adapt their

Sometimes I wonder about this "apparently self-evident truth".

Python makes certain kinds of tasks *SO* deucedly easy (this
doesn't necessarily apply to the specific one being discussed
here -- this is just a generic musing!-), that the temptation
IS serious to just recode it and be done, rather than start
looking for an already-almost-there solution out on the web.

Which may be why we end up with so *MANY* modules solving the
same (easy and not-so-easy) problems...:-).

Alex