Capturing COM object events

Rush rusha at data-tech.com
Mon May 28 09:14:47 EDT 2001

Newbie here,
I'm using PythonWin to instantiate an instance of an ActiveX DLL. It
works GREAT!! Very simple and straightforward.  I can create an
instance of the object, set its Properties, and invoke its Methods.

Now, this COM object also returns events, and I have no clue as to how
to code Python to capture these events.  I've scoured the NET but
cannot find sample code that illustrates capturing events returned by
an ActiveX control.

Can somebody help me out?

Here's how I instantiate the control::

from Tkinter import *
import win32com.client

myJR = win32com.client.Dispatch("FaxJr.FaxJr.1")
myFF = win32com.client.Dispatch("FaxFinder.FaxFinder.1")
myDD = win32com.client.Dispatch("DeviceDesc.DeviceDesc.1")

All of the above works great!

Thanks..