make module for Python?

Harald Kirsch kirschh at lionbioscience.com
Tue May 8 07:13:55 EDT 2001

Roman Suzi <rnd at onego.ru> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I have not found it anywhere on the Web, but probably it
> has different name, so it's better to ask.
>
> I want a make-utility functionality (maybe not all, but
> basic) to be available from Python. (Similarly to the
> grep.py which provides grep functionality).
>
> Is there anything for this?

A year or two ago there was even a contest where people were asked to
develop a python based build environment. One of the tasks was a make
replacement. I would be interested what resulted from that.

> I'd liked to have make dependence info not only for files, but for
> arbitrary class instances. Isn't it cool?

If you don't care to use Tcl rather than Python, have a look at

  http://wsd.iitb.fhg.de/~kir/brashome/

It would be great to have that functionality also in Python.

  Harald.