Choosing a programming language as a competitive tool

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed May 2 10:44:04 EDT 2001

John Schmitt <jschmitt at vmlabs.com> writes:
> What I got out of this was that choosing a good programming language can be
> a competitive advantage.  Graham chooses Lisp.  For me this isn't a Lisp

I liked all the comments on Slashdot that said they'd prefer to use
something more common such as C++ because it's too difficult to find
good programmers who can handle Lisp.  Hmmm.... "let's not get good
programmers to make our product in Lisp/Python/whatever; we'll get
some mediocre programmers to make it in C++ and that'll be better for
the company."  Explains a lot about the pathetic state of software,
doesn't it?

--amk