How hard can this be?

Pieter Claerhout Pieter_Claerhout at CreoScitex.com
Mon May 21 11:17:01 EDT 2001

I think you're missing a small part here:

>>> import math
>>> if x > 0:
...  print "x is positive"
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: x

If you just type in this in the Python interpreter, it doesn't know yet
about the variable x, because it doesn't exist yet. You should do something
like:

>>> import math
>>> x = 2
>>> if x > 0:
...     print "x is positive"
x is positive

PS: you can even skip the import of math, because it is not even used in the
example shown above.

Cheers,

Pieter

Pieter Claerhout - Application Support