py2exe - too many Tk files

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Thu May 31 14:47:44 EDT 2001

> ..what is up with all those Tk demo files in there?
> Doesn't py2exe pick and choose only needed Tk files?
> Surely a simple app could do with only a small subset
> of the Tcl/Tk files that I find included in the 'dist'..
>
> Can I, (how can I) trim down those (almost 2MB) Tcl/Tk files?
> Do I have to do it manually, if so, how do I know which files are needed?

Deleting the following doesn't cause a problem for me.  There are
probably others that can go as well.  YMMV.

        tcl\tk8.3\demos
        tcl\tk8.3\images
        tcl\tcl8.3\dde1.1
        tcl\tcl8.3\encoding
        tcl\tcl8.3\http1.0
        tcl\tcl8.3\http2.3
        tcl\tcl8.3\msgcat1.0
        tcl\tcl8.3\opt0.4
        tcl\tcl8.3\reg1.0
        tcl\tcl8.3\tcltest1.0

--
Gregory P. Smith   gnupg/pgp: http://electricrain.com/greg/keys/
                   C379 1F92 3703 52C9 87C4  BE58 6CDA DB87 105D 9163