How to tell a Python program where a shared library is?

Scherer, Bill Bill.Scherer at VerizonWireless.com
Thu May 3 13:24:28 EDT 2001

use the env. var. PYTHONPATH

set it to the dir your module is in.

Alternatively, run Python interactively and:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
[....

put your module in one of the directories in the resulting list.

William K. Scherer
Sr. Member of Applications Staff - Verizon Wireless