HTMLizing scripts

Chris Stromberger bit_bucket5 at hotmail.com
Sun May 6 10:31:12 EDT 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001 23:40:42 +0100, p.agapow at ic.ac.uk (Paul-Michael
Agapow) wrote:

>What are people using to make webpages of their scripts nowadays? I've
>looking at py2html and it produces handsome results, but it uses regex
>and seems (under very quick examination) to have problems on my Mac
>under Python 2 ...

I've noticed that py2html doesn't always handle comment lines
well--sometimes just the first token on a comment line is colorized as
a comment.  I found a nice short and simple script that seems to work
very well.  It uses the built in tokenizer module instead of regular
expressions.  It's at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/Recipe/52298

-Chris