New PEP: The directive statement

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Mar 24 00:38:50 EST 2001

[James_Althoff]
> ok, how about:
>
> from  __readyOrNot__  import nested_scopes
>
> or perhaps,
>
> from  __likeItOrNot__  import nested_scopes

[Aahz Maruch]
> This is in some respects excessively flippant, but that very flippancy
> calls attention to it.  I'm not going to push this idea, but I do think
> it's worth considering.

Aahz, "__future__" was intended to be flippant enough to get peoples'
attention, and for some people that works (e.g., /F originally said "it makes
me smile", which was half the point).  But the people offended by an ounce of
irreverence aren't going to be happier with a full pound.

from__upyours__-ly y'rs  - tim