PythonLabs Team Moves to ActiveState

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Sat Mar 31 23:02:00 EST 2001

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:54:59 -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>PythonLabs Team Moves to ActiveState

I'm glad we're finally getting some stability.

>   Barry has already approved PEP 357, Adding Block Delimiters to Python.

Okay, okay -- but these things are trivial.  If we really want to solve
these problems the right way, we have to behave completely like Pascal,
except with curly braces.

Perl has to as well.

The two languages should actually be exactly identical; the difference in
name can be explained as TMTOWTDI for one crowd, and The Best Way To Do it
for the other.

Oh, and get rid of those annoying "module" things.  They're so passe'.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley