Threading legality/morality

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Tue Mar 27 17:26:48 EST 2001

[Aahz]
> There is a misfeature in urllib such that the standard FancyURLOpener
> class prompts for input if it gets an HTTP 401 (authorization needed).
> You probably pressed ENTER.

[Syver Enstad]
> Think so yes, how can it be fixed? I am pretty well versed in python but a
> pointer could be nice so I didn't use quite so much time on it.

1. No it can't be fixed. (Backwards compat.)
2. It doesn't need to be fixed -- urllib2 works much better

Python 2.1 has urllib2 with documentation. Find a howto in
http://www.lerner.co.il/~moshez/urllib2-howto.tex.
I'll try to find time to integrate it into the Python howto
project.
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,