Good GUI for Python

Ken Seehof kens at sightreader.com
Mon Mar 26 12:04:19 EST 2001

wxPython is the best.

I use PythonWin as my IDE and wxPython as my GUI platform.  I find wxPython much easier than PythonWin mostly because MFC is hard to use (even though I've been using MFC in C++ and python (win32ui) for about 10 years).  Also, wxPython is portable, unlike win32ui.   I agree that win32ui is a masterpiece, but it is dependent on MFC, which is not a masterpiece :-(.

I am going to switch to Komodo next (which absorbs Marks expertise but without the MFC limitations).  Komodo looks really nice, but I haven't gotten it to work on my system yet (probably because I have both Python 1.5.2 and 2.0 installed).  I'm looking forward to the switch.  I will continue to use wxPython as my GUI platform.
  Hi, All

  I surveyed 3 GUI framework for Python including wxPython, PythonWin's included win32ui and Tkinter. My development environment is Mark Hammond's PythonWin downloaded from ActiveStates.

  These're my issues:

  First, ActiveStates' Python tool cannot support Tkinter and I confirmed with their stuff. So Tkinter maybe good, but not compatible with PythonWin.

  Second, Mark's masterpiece win32ui and total MFC solution is excellent, but I'd wanna bind on Windows platform.

  Third, wxPython sounds great but not so easy as win32ui.

  Is there any suggestions ? Change my develop environment or is there another good gui for me ??

  --
  Best Regards,

  Winson Chang

  3F, 2, 150 Lane, Sec. 5, Hsin I Rd., Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.

  Tel: +886-2-27225333 ext 376
  Fax: +886-2-27222330

  Email: winson at mdsserv.mds.com.tw