I don't get it (Extending C/C++)

Owen F. Ransen ransen_spam_me_not at nemo.it
Sat Mar 10 11:37:43 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:30:37 +0100, "Moritz Voss" <thygrrr at gmx.net>
wrote:

>Also, is it advisable to invoke the interpreter (do I even do that? what DO
>I do when I execute a python function?) several hundred times? (running
>about 500 instances of several, sometimes identical python scripts times
>would be likely for medium load of my application).

If you are using 2.0 I've found that the Py_Initialize() Py_Finalize()
crashes on the 8th call of this pai, so you would be better to do
one Py_Initialize() at the start of your program and one Py_Finalize()
at the end.

If you are using 2.1b1 the Py_Initialize()/Py_Finalize() bug seems to
have been fixed.

I've been doing this for about 2 weeks, so I know how you feel,
don't take my word as the word of long time experience!

--
Owen F. Ransen
http://www.ransen.com/